If your parents can’t pay their bills you may have to!

Posted on May 28, 2012


Does your State have a filial support law?  If it does then you may be forced to pay for the nursing home bills of your parents.  It is my understanding that these laws have not been used on a regular basis but with some recent court decisions that may change.

I recommend checking out the AARP site at:


And, the source of my initial interest:

LinkedIn: Legal Updates.

For those in Texas you are in luck, at current time, there are no laws forcing filial support.

If you have questions the advice that is always good is, find an attorney who can help you out.  Look for the CSA (Certified Senior Advisor) designation.